The variety of coatings of kitchen utensils is sometimes misleading. At first, you think it is better to give preference to Teflon, but then you are intrigued by ceramics. In other words, you start to wander again and again in the maze of choice. However, in today’s article, we will pay attention to the pan with a granite coating, which is called Rock Frying Pan.
HOW GRANITE FRYING PANS ARE MADE
First and foremost, let’s start by discussing how these pans are actually made. In fact, the name “granite pan” refers to a product made of aluminum. Many manufacturers themselves consider how to name their products. But in the end, the composition of all the pans is the same.
Looking closely at the production of granite pan we can find the following: the bottom and sides of the product are covered with a uniform composite layer. It is composed of polymers and granite chips. Due to the fact that there is no such component as fluoropolymer, graniteware can be attributed to absolute environmental friendliness, so getting a granite rock frying pan can be a good eco-friendly purchase.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST GRANITE PAN
- When buying a frying pan in the store, be sure to pay attention to the popularity of the brand. Little-known companies save on the production of their product.
- Inspect the product from all sides: smooth surface, no roughness. Pay due attention to the handles. Cast one-piece version of the product is good, but there are risks of getting burned. Plastic or wooden handles are even more convenient, but you can not put them in the oven.
- The lid should press on the pan closely, otherwise it can move or fidget. Specify in advance if the cover is included as standard, otherwise you will have to spend more time looking for it.
- Always choose a pan with a thick bottom and sides.
- Check with the seller whether there is a certificate for the dishes.
- At the slightest presence of scratches and chips immediately refuse such an unsuccessful purchase.
- Also, do not forget to consider the type of your plate.
Granite Rock Pan is a safe option to choose according to these criteria since it is manufactured by a well-known brand, which guarantees high quality and total safety, has a smooth non-stick surface( it may require a bit of seasoning to last longer though), its handle is very convenient and great for using in the oven, can be safely used in a dishwasher. The only disadvantage is that you will have to buy a lid separately in case you need one.
TEFLON OR GRANITE
Granite frying pan has a number of ADVANTAGES:
- You don’t have to be afraid of accidentally scratching your pan. And yet it is not necessary to try to do it.
- Quite fast and uniform heating. So stop being late for work.
- Long-term preservation of the temperature regime. That is, the food will not cool down so quickly and you will always be able to eat.
- The material responds great to high-temperature levels.
- You can cook fatty meat without adding vegetable oil.
- Incredibly long service life.
And in a frying pan with granite coating, there are DRAWBACKS:
- Unlike the Teflon version, this plan will cost much more.
- Still, there is some damage from the temperature contrast.
- Chemicals or other abrasives are contraindicated.
- Granite does not tolerate falling or hitting. Cracks may appear, which will bring devastating consequences.
- Not every model of granite pan can be washed in the dishwasher.
HOW SAFE GRANITE PANS ARE
Probably it is worth to mention about Teflon coating. Although this option is cheaper, but its chemical composition leaves much to be desired. It contains a large amount of harmful chemicals that after heating the pan easily get into the food and air. If you often heat such a pan to high temperatures, then the coating of utensils quickly cracks. Harmful elements are then released into your lungs. This process can be significantly enhanced after the next washing of the pan with strong detergents. As you can see, these are serious disadvantages of Teflon frying pan, which strongly frighten off most buyers.
Well, what can be said about the granite type of frying pan? As we mentioned before, it is thinly covered with a special material, which then forms a non-stick layer. Thus, the surface of the product becomes more durable and resistant to any mechanical damage. Such high quality definitely takes out the Teflon in the knockout. In addition, the final blow is the high environmental friendliness of the granite product. The use of high temperature does not contribute to the release of any harmful substances. So you are guaranteed the safety of your health.
Cooking food on a granite pan, you don’t need to be afraid that it will warm up only in the center. Food does not burn, and for its preparation, you do not always need Olia. In addition, the dishes are easy to clean and without serious chemistry. Although the product is lightweight, it is able to withstand the required temperature for a long time.
HOW LONG ROCK FRYING PAN LASTS
First of all, it is worth noticing that in the world there is not yet a perfect non-stick coating. The service life may depend on the choice of dishes that you are going to cook; on the type of stove (not every pan is designed for all cookers); on personal preferences and the type of vegetable oil used.
Due to the composite layer applied to the bottom and sides, and the absence of fluoropolymers, dishes can maintain their environmental friendliness for several years. And now lifetime is directly dependent on the thickness of this layer. The manufacturer claims a standard service life of at least two years (subject to adequate application and regular maintenance).
DOES IT NEED TO BE SEASONED
Granite Rock Pans include a non-stick Teflon covering which implies that they will not require any kind of seasoning. Nonetheless, some reviews do state that food sticks to these pans. For this reason, it will certainly be a good concept to season them before their very first usage to stop any kind of damage.
HOW BIG IT IS
Graniterock non-stick is available in three sizes. The tiniest is 9 inches adhered to by a 10-inch and also a 12-inch pan. The 10-inch frying pan is the least expensive form on-line retailers. The other 2 sizes cost roughly dual the cost. I am yet to understand why there are cost variations perhaps it’s the square form of the other two, yet we highly question it.
DOES ROCK PAN WORK WITH INDUCTION
Induction cooktops resolve a magnetic field to move heat to the pan. For a pan to be induction ready, it has to have iron-based compounds. Graniterock is not iron-based which suggests it will certainly not deal with induction cooktops because it has a lightweight aluminum core.
If you already own an induction cooktop as well as still wish to buy granite rock, there’s the option of using an induction disk. It’s like a Do It Yourself burner that picks up the warmth from the cooktop as well as transfers it to the pan.
HOW TO CLEAN A GRANITE ROCK FRYING PAN
Any kitchen utensils necessarily need quality care, unless, of course, you want a long operation of kitchen utensils. To continue to use your dishes comfortably and safely, it is not necessary to keep it in the closet.
I recommend paying attention to the following recommendations for care:
- Do not use a metal spoon, fork or spatula unless specified in the product’s operating instructions.
- For any cookware, it is best to avoid a stiff brush or washcloth. As nor as, but these tools leave traces after usage.
- Still, some models of the pan imply the addition of vegetable oil, though not in large quantities.
- Your pan can perfectly cope with a large heating temperature, but do you really need to torture your product?
- If you plan to wash your dishes after the next preparation, pour cold water only when the product cools down.
GRANITE, MARBLE, TEFLON, OR CERAMIC
As they say, there is no limit to perfection. The same goes for kitchen utensils, especially when it comes to non-stick coating. As we saw earlier, there are several of them. And in fact, you can not immediately determine exactly what will be better and if a granite rock frying pan is the best option for you. Most likely you will have to start from your needs, so check out my quick pan coating info:
There are some general positive and negative indicators:
- the material prevents scratches;
- rapid and uniform heat distribution;
- wide temperature threshold;
- eliminates the need to use oil;
- fixed long service life.
- From cons: expensive the price, demands to departure, and the bad reaction on fall or strikes.
Like any other coating, Teflon is applied to the bottom and sides of the pan. In the years of its inception, such dishes have gained great popularity. But as it turned out in the following years, excellent quality here does not smell. Briefly speaking about the advantages:
- Teflon is applied to dishes of any configuration;
- good non-stick performance;
- easy to wash;
- But at the same time, there are drawbacks:
- it does not like more than 200 degrees of temperature;
- do not do without oil;
- quickly scratched, and after light damage, utensils can not be used at all.
- Does not emit harmful substances.
- It has a smooth and durable coating layer.
- Withstands heat up to 450 degrees.
- Not afraid of scratches and light damage.
- Nothing burns and nothing sticks.
- Not so much uses oils, as Teflon.
- Of the minuses: does not like temperature fluctuations;
- strong chemical cleaners;
- sharp and metallic items kitchen items.
The Granite rock pan testimonial is just one of a kind. At a sensible rate and without using harmful nonstick finishings, this pan delivers on its nonstick promise 90% of the time. And also though the knife scratched the surface gently, I think staying with non-abrasive materials must protect this frying pan in excellent problem.